"PingPong" is a service owned and operated by PingPong UX Limited, a registered company in the UK whose company number is 10551060. All references to "PingPong", "we", "us" etc refer to PingPong UX Limited.
An important note! when you sign up to PingPong, your profile information will be revealed to PingPong UX Limited and also other "Moderators" using the service, who may invite you to their own tests. We won't disclose your full name, but these Moderators will be able to view your Skype ID and email address.
Collection and recording of data in Interviews
If you accept an invitation to an Interview sent out by us or our partners (any Moderator), you give your consent for the test Moderator to create an audio and/or video recording of the usability study session (“Video”). This will be used to back up the Moderator's notes and will allow product developers within the Moderator's business group who cannot observe the session to review your feedback and improve their products. Your Video will be shared with such product developers in the Moderator's business group, but your full name, email address or other personal information will not be disclosed.
Other information collected by PingPong
What information do we store, and how is it used?
User Provided Information
The Service obtains the information you provide when you sign up. Registration is compulsory in order to use the Service.
When you register with us and use the Service, you generally provide:
- your name, email address, age, user name, password, country profession and other registration information;
- transaction-related information, such as when you run or participate in a test or session, respond to any session invitations, or access the application;
- information you provide us when you contact us for help;
- credit card or payment receipt information for purchase and use of the Service, including being paid for sessions
- information you enter into our system when using the Service, such as session information, general geographic location and other personal details and preferences.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact your from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Service may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Service.
Does the Service collect precise real time location information?
This Service does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Service?
With the exception of the scenario mentioned in “Transfer of data outside the EU” below, only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Service and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if PingPong UX Limited is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
Transfer of data outside the EU
We transfer specific User Provided and Automatically Collected data outside of the European Union/European Economic Area and/or the United States for the purposes of improving and optimising our Service, communicating with you and marketing the Service more effectively.
By using the Service, you consent that such data may be processed in a country outside the European Union. At present, such data is transferred to the following third party processors and subject to the privacy policies listed here:
- AutopilotHQ Inc. (USA) - https://autopilothq.com/privacypolicy.html
The following data is transferred, processed and stored under this exception:
- User Provided data:
- Your email address
- Your first name
- Your country
- Your company
- Automatically Collected data:
- A history of pages visited on our website and Service, along with the times of each visit.
- Usage statistics including your account credit balance, account status and number of sessions, Interviews and invitations you have received, sent or participated in.
- Email marketing history and data, including open rates.
- Your ‘Live chat’ history with the PingPong team. This does not include message history and communications in Interviews.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Service easily by deleting your Service account via your account settings page.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Service to function properly.
We do not use the Service to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Service. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Service, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.